Friday, October 29, 2004

The more you learn . . . .

I have always been impressed by the fact that the more you learn the less you know.

When I was a very young child I knew everything. The older I get, the more I learn, the more I realise how pathetically ignorant I really am.

There is nothing wrong with ignorance, provided I do my best not to remain ignorant.

Asking questions and locating sources of information appear to be the way to get ahead. It is through interaction with others that my ability to navigate the seas of my ignorance is enhanced. Every person I communicate with adds value to my life and certainly adds value to what I have learnt.

The only thing wrong with blogging, is that you cannot guarantee that you are reaching people, nor can you get value for effort unless people respond to the posts and add their views to the mix, thus enhancing the interaction.

Submitting a blog to search engines enhances the chances but people really need to stop lurking and start interacting!

No comments: