Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Another Day Another Year

For those of us who have spent the last year wondering if there would be another year ahead of us it comes as a relief to reach the magical day when that no longer is an issue.

Then again, there is a problem with that logic - as soon as the day arrives we are set once again to wonder if another year will be granted to us or whether this will be the last. In short, the crisis starts once again.

The mind however is a wonderful thing. Faced with a crisis we will often spend hours, days and possibly weeks of our brief lives worrying about its end and then as suddenly as the worrying started we are left seemingly without a care until the next crisis hits us.

I have had my crisis moment in writing this note - I hope I will be able to spend the next year worrying about something other than whether or not I will be able to keep breathing until January 25th next year!

No comments: