Monday, June 18, 2007

Getting older

I was reading some of the news today about the oldest man in the world a Japanese Tomoji Tanabe, a 111-year-old resident of Miyakonojo. Born in September 1895 apparently. The oldest woman currently alive is also Japanese.

Maybe there is something to this story about hard work and fish as the main item of the diet - alternately - it could just be good genes I guess.

I keep wondering what it would be like to be 111 or in her case 114 years old? As someone who has not as yet managed to reach the three score years - much less the three score and ten which seems to be mentioned (if not promised) in biblical references I have to say I am envious.

Just imagine what it must be like to have lived not once but twice the life span that is mentioned in biblical accounts.

No comments: