Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Hanson cashes in, Democrats cry poor

From the Associated Press Tuesday November 2, 07:04 PM AAP


"Pauline Hanson is the big individual winner and the Australian Democrats major collective losers in the funding allocations from last month's federal election. . . . ."

"Despite failing to get elected as a Queensland senator, former One Nation leader Ms Hanson pockets almost $190,000 for her efforts.

Ms Hanson, who stood as an independent alongside her sister Judy Smith, only entered the election race three weeks before polling day and made few campaign appearances.

But she still received around 100,000 votes and her funding payout easily exceeds that handed to her former party, which was paid $53,404."

Pete's Points

I wonder if anyone knows that I actually was at one of those public appearances in Maryborough?

Suddenly there she was, with a minder and some people from the Channel 7 News.

As I walked by, I heard a strange strangled cry which sounded like: "AAARGH!" and realised that it was coming from me.

I think that now Ms. Hanson has been more than well remunerated by the Australian Tax Payers. All I know is that I would have to work a darn sight longer than three weeks to make that kind of money!

In addition to the money she has obtained from her electioneering, she is also getting funded, no doubt for appearing on TV as a celebrity dancer.

Democracy is really weird sometimes! Or more to the point, "Please explain!"

No comments: