Monday, October 10, 2005

ISPs and Customer Service

People tell me all the time that the world is a small place. I know from experience that this is so as I am able to travel from one side of the world to another in the space of under 24 hours. However I find that it is also possible to spend around the same time waiting for a response from an ISP to a formal request for assistance and a considerable portion of that time waiting to actually speak to a REAL person - even if it is in a call centre somewhere in the world - with most of my time being told that my call is in a queue and that I will be answered as soon as possible or that my call is important to them and they will answer as soon as possible or my call is important to them and since they are busy could I please avail myself of their canned music while I wait. Recently however I also received a message to the effect that there were so many people complaining that they could not handle the calls and that as a result I would have to call back later. 24 hours later I called back to get the same message.

THIS is a service we are paying for?

I can tell you that when I finally managed to get on to someone after being told that the call was being monitored for 'quality control" I am afraid I apologised to the person coming on line and for the benefit of the recording I told the agency what I thought of their service and their recorded messages.

Geez, we actually have to pay for the privilege of being insulted these days!

No comments: