Friday, November 18, 2005

"Salmon Day"

Yesterday I had a 'Salmon Day' at work, defined as follows:
The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to get screwed and die.
Just imagine coming into work early so you can get some work done and then finding the computer system being 'down'. Why? Because so many people are moving from one 'cube farm' to another that the system simply cannot handle the traffic that is generated.

[What's a 'cube farm', you ask? A 'cube farm' is an office space filled with cubicles or work stations.]

I suppose that when I tried for the fifth time to reboot and log back on again, only to be thrown out I may have let out a small scream of frustration. This has no doubt caused at least some people to think of me as a STRESS PUPPY: A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.

However if YOU were at work all day but could get nothing done while people kept calling you and demanding things what would YOU have done?

For all of those who have now indicated that they would have gone out and had a coffee or a beer I express my gratitude. Your views are called "justification" [grin]

No comments: