Sunday, November 13, 2005

Shocking! So what are we going to DO about it?

Amelia Hill and Gaby Hinsliff
Sunday November 13, 2005
The Observer


A culture of violence in Britain is to blame for an epidemic of school bullying that is devastating the lives of millions of children, according to a devastating attack by one of the country's leading experts on young people.

In his first major interview as the new Children's Commissioner for England, Al Aynsley-Green said nearly every child was affected by the problem: 'I have no doubt that children are being brought up in a society where violence is the norm in many ways. I include in this the violence on television, in the workplace and in the home.


But, as Aynsley-Green points out, behaviour that is not curbed in childhood is likely to be replicated in later life, a claim supported by a TUC report last week showing that two million people were bullied at work in the past six months, mostly by managers and supervisors.

Pete's Points:

I don't know whether it's just me but as I said in my last post, the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Maybe it's just something that is peculiar to the people in the developed and western world but I doubt it.


No comments: