Friday, November 03, 2006

Why I have been "off line"

Have you ever had one of those days when you are somewhat off colour? When the world no longer seems shiny and bright and new?

If not then you will have no idea what I am talking about. If you have then you will appreciate that for the last few days I have had no real desire to find, much less hit the keys on the computer with any news.

A little rain yesterday has not changed things. Perhaps next week.

However seeing Joe Hockey the Minister for DHS on the Channel 7 early morning program today talking about the efforts that his department was taking to reduce greenhouse emissions by building another monster headquarters building for Centrelink caught my attention. He has actually invited Channel 7 staff to come and visit the building before it is even finished being built.

I will be interested to hear from readers when the building opens how wonderful (or not) it is.

I certainly hope that they will enjoy the 49.5 million dollars of furbishing that Parliament voted for the building and I hope that the windows are double glazed so that the heat of the sun can be captured and used to power either the cooling or the heating systems that are usually required in Canberra to handle the extremes of the heat of the summer and the cold of the winter.

I look forward to seeing the Channel 7 crew being given the "Hockey" tour of the building in the next few weeks. I also wonder how much it will cost to brief the Minister and his entourage as well as the media that will no doubt be invited to attend.

No comments: