Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A new meaning for "Wishing you a Merry Christmas"

Speaking of Christmas - there comes a time in everyone's life when you receive glad tidings from overseas which contain some funny messages.

I received this little gem (sans words) from a family friend who is English and currently living and working in South America.

Soon to head home to England and no doubt thinking of home (wherever that is these days) she sent this under the cover note which said something about enjoying a vegetarian Christmas.

I wonder what title you would assign to this picture.

Here are some suggestions:

"Don't hide your light in a bushell - try a turkey instead!"

"I've heard of a 'swan necked' vase, but this is ridiculous!

"Who is the real turkey here! Fancy thinking I could fit under a kitchen cupboard"

"The man does not know what he is doing. As if I would answer to 'Here chickie chickie!"

"G-d I hope he doesn't try to turn me on!"

"Global warming (not to mention the oven) gave me the idea of hiding in the shade!"

"This gives a whole new meaning to sticking your neck out!"

No comments: