Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas a season to be jolly or . . .

Merry Christmas to all of my readers, friends, relatives, and anybody else I have not mentioned at this point. I also wish them a happy New Year and in my case what that means is that everyone is at least healthier and hopefully more wealthier than in the last year and certainly a lot wiser than they were before.

I'm not sure if this is too much to ask, but at present, I don't really care. It seems to me that wanting to wish everyone well is probably more useful if you at least explain what it is that you wishing for so, let's explore a little.

There are those of us who are planning holidays next year to other countries even though the illness that we have is likely to make that difficult if not impossible. I like the sense of forward thinking and I like the desire to plan in the face of potential adversity. For the individual concerned you know who you are my best wishes go out to you and I hope that you not only have a wonderful trip but that you are also capable of having many more.

For others who have made the decision to delay their travel overseas by at least one year, having recently crossed our own continent in their little four-wheel drives I wish them well with the rest period. Of those who have made it possible for me to be able to view digital television -- thank you. You have no idea what a relief it is to find someone who can read the manual outcome of what seems like a collaboration between Korean/Japanese/Hungarian/Arabic translation experts. This is the only way I can describe the handbook that came with the machines. I have no idea how anybody else translates these burnt offerings to those who can, may you increase your knowledge of electronics, and increase your ability to pass that on to practical application and practical help to others far less empowered than you are.

No comments: