Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the news on nothing but the news

I'm not sure that there's much to say today, but I will have a crack at it.

I woke this morning and a sense of urgency was in the air. What was it? My partner was likely to be late for a dental appointment.

With morning ablutions completed, breakfast eaten, clothes carefully thrown on, it was in the car and off down the Parkway to that dental appointment.

A little later on the phone rings, she's stuck on the Parkway, it appears that there is work being done on the roadway or something and the traffic is not moving in either direction. Could I please ring the dental surgery and explain the situation to them.

Naturally I do what I am told. I would not be much good as a partner otherwise.

A hunt for the phone number ensues, followed by the call to the surgery. It appears that the surgeon is also running late and so the chances are that by the time she arrives they may well be ready for her.

Now that's what I call dumb blind luck.

No sooner had I written all of this, the phone rings again. It's my partner from the surgery. She has arrived there, they are still not ready for her. Much ado about nothing are my first thoughts then she tells me that it appears that the problem on the way was a vehicle overturned and lying on its roof.

Wow, this is big news! I suspect that this is a serious enough accident to appear on the evening news tonight, so we will all be able to see it in all it's dreadful gory detail.

BTW I hope that no one YOU know was involved.

This is what it's like when you have reporters on the road reporting the daily grind to you in all its pristine glory.

I am now waiting for my other correspondents around the world to give me some other items of news. It could be a long wait, so I might just end here for now.

Salut from Garpet

No comments: