Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A final look at the Gaza situation

One of my collaborators has recently posted me an article from the New York Times way back in 2000 that may make some sense about recent proceedings, please check it out.

Gas Deposits Off Israel and Gaza Opening Vision of Joint Ventures
By WILLIAM A. ORME JR.

Published: September 15, 2000

I never know whether these stories can be relied upon. However if there is truth in this story, then less useful minds than mine can find some rationale behind what's been going on in Gaza. The question really is what value will be found from the supporters of Israel and/or the supporters of those living in Gaza. Will they finance further exploration and drilling and then at what cost.

Watch this space I guess is the best we can hope for at this point.

Thanks to Robbie my informant in this case for digging around in his archives. Given my previous understanding about the gas situation in that part of the world this is the last thing I
would have expected. It is also amazing to me that in the years since the story first appeared I have never heard anything more about it. Are there any of my readers out there who have?

If so let us know. Show us how clever you are with your Googling. :-)

Of course if it's true, then both sides have to stop being greedy and actually learn how to share a cake or manna from heaven, if you prefer. Otherwise they might blow it all up before either side can benefit from the proceeds.

Of course there are others who are looking at what has been achieved and if we go to the New York Times once again we will be able to look at their version of reality in 2008.

1 comment:

Robert said...

and for a more recent report:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oilRpt/idUKLI27068120090118?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

as the rabbit said, it just gets curiouser and curiouser...