Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Following the blog:

Unbeknown to me, there have been some changes at Blogger, that now enable you to show that you follow this blog so that other readers can see that you too are a reader and hence a follower.

I have added a widget to my blog that enables you, my readers, to become identified as 'followers' of his blog and hence to be recognised as such.

All you have to do to become a follower is press on the link on the left side of the blog entitled Follow this blog.

The pop-up dialogue box that follows enables you to fill in your details if you wish or to indicate if you wish to follow the blog anonymously. Given these two options as a reader, you are now able to identify yourself and by doing so immediately promote your own blog or your Web page as well as yourself.

I for one would like to know who my readers are and of course I would like to be able to read their blogs or web pages so that I can get an idea of what they are thinking about and how they feel about things in general. Information such as this would enable me to direct my comments about things in my 'audience' that would also enable me to contact individuals if they wish to be identified sufficiently formed in to do so.

So far, as this is a new feature only four of my readers have identified themselves. Check it out, you too can identify yourself as a reader of Pete's Place either anonymously or with your personal details being made available.

Since this is under your complete control the level of identifications is up to you. Try it and invite me into your blog by using the follower widget.

Have fun.

If you want to see what Blogger has to say on the subject visit their help page at http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?hl=en-au&answer=104226

Garpet

No comments: