Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The luck of the draw . . .

I met someone yesterday that I have not seen for some time. The last time I saw her, she was looking forward to retirement and to all of the wonderful things she and her husband would be able to do now that their kids had grown up, their financial future assured and their health and youth still sufficient to enable them to do the things that they have been putting off for years.

Unfortunately, a collision with a truck has put paid to all of that!

She is now a full time carer while he is having a most difficult time just coping with the results of the accident and struggling to stay alive.

My heart went out to her and her husband and I was reminded of how unkind the fates can be.

I guess adages like, "never put off until tomorrow what you can do today" make a lot of sense in this context.

No comments: