Friday, February 04, 2005

Who would have thought . . .

I received a letter from someone completely out of the blue the other day telling me that they knew me when I was mere youth. Furthermore I was told that their parents knew my parents, lived together in our country of origin and then migrated to Australia at around the same time and met accidentally and all this from discovering my name on the Internet and going to my web pages seeing some photos and making the BIG discovery!

Ain't that simply amazing!

Apparently the last time I saw this person was in 1970. Obviously I have not changed all that much since then - cause I was recognised!

We have of course started to correspond and no doubt this could lead to some interesting stories being shared between us leading to a much richer life experience for all concerned.

I am continually amazed at the uses to which the Internet can be put.

No comments: