Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just A Thought or Two

Have you ever had one of those mornings when you want to go out for your constitutional and you simply CAN'T find your house keys?

That's been my morning so far. There are only three places I could have left them in the house and I have searched each of those places three times.

The last time I searched I found the keys. They were exactly where I thought that they had to be only hidden in a fold in the fabric.

Two thoughts emerge from this:
  1. You will always find whatever you are looking for in the last place you look; and
  2. There are gremlins in the world who hide things from you in plain sight so that you can panic for a while as you keep looking for the things that are there, but you just can't see them.

I am sure there is probably a more interesting explanation for this phenomenon and one that psychologists will have a field day with - however I am blessed if I know what it is and I can tell you I don't care - I have found my keys!

No comments: