Tuesday, March 22, 2005

An Apology for Mr Abbott

Well! All the newspapers are full of the story - Mr Abbott did not have a son after all. Given all of the publicity about the situation in which he found himself so many years ago - being told by his girlfriend that he was about to become a father and his responses to this news he is now being told the shattering story that after all that he was not the father but someone else was.

So his behaviour of leaving the girl flat to cope with the birth of the child and its adoption out while he went on his pre-planned holiday was not as callous as it might first have seemed.

So my apologies for any nasty thoughts I may have had.

Now that the truth is known I guess I should even have a tinge of pity for Mr Abbott. After all he has spent 27 years worrying about the child he never had. A good decision about adopting the child out though, after all it wasn't his!

No maintenance seems like a good idea in retrospect I guess.

No comments: